Pages

8.17.2009

Betty Crocker, Eat Your Heart Out

So I decided this year that we weren’t going to spend $60 dollars on a birthday cake for Payton. Let's be serious - it's just a frosted sugar-bomb that everyone stands around to sing, and then it's devoured and everyone's hard pressed to remember which over-commercialized character was actually on the stupid thing. It's flour, sugar, fat and red dye #2 – in retrospect $60 is a little ridiculous, no?

I decided to make cup cakes - and decorate them myself.

2 boxes of cake mix at the Target: $1.94
6 cans of frosting at the Target: $8.34
4 boxes of ice cream cones: $7.52
Total $17.80


I saved over $40, and these are cutest darn ice-cream-cone-cupcakes ever! I need a cooking show.


































No comments:

Post a Comment